- What was your favorite part of the Opening Ceremonies? I, like every other human being on the planet Earth, loved that Queen/James Bond bit. It was just what you hope would happen, you know? And it proved that she has a great sense of humor. I'm also a sucker for the Parade of Nations - I cry and cry like a fool for EVERYBODY. "Oh look, it's Papua New Guinea!!" boo hoo "It's Namibia! I love them!" boo hoo.
- Which country are you rooting for? ( I realize we aren't all Americans) Well, I AM an American, and so I am all "USA! USA!" I do, however, have a soft spot for the Brits, since they are our hosts, so they are my second favorites. And Jude thinks that we should be polite and root for Mexico and Canada because they are our neighbors.
- Which is your favorite event to watch and why? I used to love watching gymnastics, but the level of difficulty has gone so through the roof nowadays, that I get too nervous. I'm like the mothers of the athletes, watching with their fingers over their eyes. I do love a good race. As does Jude. So we're freaking out and jumping around over the swimming. Can't wait for the Track and Field.
- Have you found a new sport that is surprisingly delightful? Well...I must admit that I'm enjoying that Men's Water Polo quite a bit. Not so much for the sport, but for...well, what can I say?
- Have you always been a fan of the Olympics? What is your earliest Olympic Memory? Always, always, always! I'm a big, freaky Olympiphile! My BFF Kaysie and I used to always totally obsess over every event. I'm one of those weirdos who, until Jude came along, used to watch every single moment of every single Olympics - I scheduled my entire life around them. My first Olympic Memory? Wow. I guess it's the 1972 Olympics. I clearly remember Mark Spitz winning his seven gold medals -such a crush on him. Sweetly, Jude now seems really terribly interested in everything Missy Franklin. And I absolutely remember this...
Well that was fun. And quick. Head over to Mamarazzi for more We Want To Knowers.