...I got nothing.
This week we've done pretty much nothing. Well that's not true. We've done some things. But nothing of note. Remember last week's UBER busy audition/work thing?
Yeah, not a trend. Just a fluke. Had two auditions all week. Sad.
And since none of the events of the week merit their own post, I will attempt to sum things up with bullet points. You know I love my bullet points...
- Jude was at Vacation Bible School with the Presbyterians all week. Much fun was had by all, though apparently, everybody Jude's age was bummed because this is the year they move up into the "Blue Group", which means they no longer get to watch the puppet show. I have no idea what this means, or why this is, but apparently it is a bad thing.
- Only had to endure one night during which the Presbyterians subtly tried to convert me (also known as the Pot Luck Dinner). Jude et al sang lots of songs about Jesus complete with enthusiastic hand gestures.
- Strangely, Corky St. Clair seems to be the songleader at at the Vacation Bible School. Can we say "Marcus Bachmann"?
- I got the "pool" all set up for fun summer play, but now, suddenly, the "pool" filter pump has conked out. According the the internet, this is not an uncommon thing. I really need to order that new pump. The "pool" water is turning an unhealthy shade of green.
- The hot water heater also conked out this week. Had to boil water for baths. Felt very Ma Ingalls.
- I have a love/hate relationship with our plumber. I hate him because he is grossly overpriced. I love him because he's really nice and keeps dropping by unannounced to give Jude presents. He seems to think he's a funny kid. So far, he's given him a plumbers t-shirt, a Darth Vader helmet/voice changer (used - his daughter outgrew it - these things go for $75!) and a fancy schmancy boogie board (also handed down from his daughter).
- Also had to have the furnace man out this week (money is literally spilling through my fingers). Though we don't have air conditioning, Jimmy likes to turn the furnace fan on during the summer to just circulate the air around. Suddenly, the entire house started smelling like a combination of Mommy's basement and a kitty litter box. The reason? The air vent from the furnace had fallen off and was just taking in random basement air. We have one of those weird "California basements" which is very small and open to the crawlspace under the house. Hence the kitty litter smell - the neighbor cats crawl under the house to do their business.
- Got my car back from the body shop!! All better now. Still haven't located Chi, but his insurance has decide to pay for things based on the chain of emails he sent me.
- Sadly, through the replacement of my bumper, I have lost my "ObamaMama" bumper sticker.
- Pilates - Check.
Okay. That's it. Hope your week has been more eventful than mine.
I assure you next week will be hopping. But you'll have to wait to hear all about that. I'll give you one hint - girls.