The Monday Minute is a little different this week. Ian at The Daily Dose of Reality has turned into a knight in shining armor to help his blogger friend Michelle of Momma's Pixie Dreams, whose precious 16 month old daughter, Monkey, has been diagnosed with ganglioneuroblastoma, a form of cancer. It's every mother's worst nightmare.
Not only has he set up a Paypal account to collect donations to help Michelle's family, but he is organizing a fantabulous raffle, which fellow bloggers are contributing to. PLEASE visit Ian to find out what you can do - buy your raffle tickets, donate an item to the raffle, and check out a list of the items donated thusfar. It's truly impressive.
Have you done it? No?
Okay, I can wait....
Done? Impressive, right? Thank you for your support!
That done, let's head over to Ian's Monday Minute for today...
- Have you ever peed in the shower/bath/pool? I'd venture to say that the shower is my FAVORITE place to pee. I have, however, had a lifelong fear of peeing in the pool. My daddy's best friend, Herbert (who I loved and adored), used to work for the health department. He once told his grandkids and me that the health department had developed a chemical which they put in all pools, which would turn your pee BLUE. This scared the pee out of me (irony intended). It wasn't until years later that I realized that he had made this up. However, I think of it every time I'm swimming because...you never know.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Tardiness. Hate, hate, hate it. So if I'm ever late to anything, there's no need to tell me, because I KNOW, and I have a DAMNED good reason.
- What's the story behind your blog title? When I had Jude (at age 42!), I entered into a completely new phase of my life. My priorities changed. My lifestyle changed. But I felt like it was something new and improved. And when I found the above quote from Agatha Christie, it touched me, and I identified with it profoundly. I feel that I truly am in my second blooming.
- What is your definition of success? Man, this is one of those "It's a Wonderful Life" things, isn't it? How do you measure a person's success? Let's see... Feeling at peace with myself and with God. Feeling that I haven't wasted the talents that God gave me. Feeling that I've done my very best in raising this son whom God has entrusted to me. That just got all heavy, didn't it. Sorry.
- If you were famous, what would you want to be famous for? Well, I used to want to be famous as an actress. Now? I'd rather be a famous writer. Wow, that's weird to say.
Okay, that was quick and easy, wasn't it? Please visit Ian and give to Monkey's cause!